Instructions for Presenters
We are looking forward to many great presentations this year! Remember, the standard presentations time slot is 20 minutes, 15 minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions and room change.
To upload your presentation prior to arriving at the conference you will receive a personalized link (do not share your link with others) in mid- to late July. You will be able to upload using your personalized link between this date and August 4th.
To ensure your presentation is loaded onto the correct meeting laptop please use the following format for your filename. Day_Room_Time_FirstName_LastName.ppt. Time should be in 24-hour format. Only PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file extensions will be accepted.
If you do not upload your presentation using your personalized link, you must upload your presentation in the AV Loading room at least one day prior to your scheduled presentation. Please note that Monday presenters must upload their presentations on Sunday. The A/V Loading Room location is still to be determined and will be open during the following days and times:
Sunday, Hours: TBD
Monday, Hours: TBD
Tuesday, Hours: TBD
Wednesday, Hours: TBD
Additional information about the conference and your presentation:
- The latest version of the online program: https://afs.confex.com/afs/2017/meetingapp.cgi/Home/0
- As a precaution, please plan to have a copy of your presentation on a thumb-drive.
- Each room will be provided with: LCD Projector (1024x768), Laptop with pre-loaded oral presentation files, Projection Screen, Laser Pointer, Podium Microphone, and PCDI for Computer Audio
- Moderators are instructed to strictly adhere to the time schedule. For a 20-minute time slot, presenters will have 15 minutes to present with the remaining 5 minutes allocated to questions and room change. Moderators are responsible for ensuring that presentations start and end on time (plan to run your own stopwatch and bring your own time cards, if you like). Moderators may continue accepting questions for a speaker during the room change period.
- You cannot use your personal laptop.
- Loading presentations will not be allowed in the presentation room
- Presentations must be Microsoft, PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf ) files.
Here is a great resource from the AFS Fish Culture Section to help you with your presentation: check out Power Pointers: Tips and Tricks to Create Effective Presentations Tutorial